Saturday, September 20, 2014

Holiday Cards and Blog Challenges!

Part of my fall is designing & sending cards out to my Jewish family and friends who celebrate the Jewish New Year and Day of Atonement – Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur, respectively.  This year I combined designing my idea and trying a “Challenge” where I design a card according to the “playing rules” of a blog.  
This time I am trying the sketch design from Freshly Made Sketches #154

Here is my entry:
I used the colors from SU Paper Stack Moonlight as a color inspiration Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, & Lost Lagoon.  The two strips of Designer Series Paper were taken from that paper stack and the shapes were cut from SU Label Collection Framelits in Whisper White & Lost Lagoon Card stocks.  The background is Blackberry Bliss Card Stock and is embossed with the Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions embossing folder. The beautiful filigree Star Of David stamp and the Shalom greeting came from an older, retired set from 2012, “Jewish Celebrations.” I "sponged" the edges of the "Shalom" sentiment and embellished with white pearls colored with SU “Blendabilities Markers” using the medium tone of Daffodil Delight and a combo of Night of Navy and Rich Razzleberry for the dark purple pearl in the center of the Star of David.  

This was a really fun project to try.  The Sketch was pretty simple and straight forward.  I am excited to try a new one next week. 




4 comments:

  1. This is a great card and a great interpretation of the sketch! Those colors look so good together! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of this sketch - the full focus is on the intricate Star of David. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Lois! I really like those colors for a Rosh Hashanah card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lulu! I love your festive Shalom card, so perfect for the FMS challenge!!

    I happened to see your comment over at the Paper Players and wanted to come over and welcome you to Blogland! This is a wonderful, supportive community where you will make amazing friendships!

    You are doing the right thing by entering challenges as it is the best way to get your blog out there so people can find you! I have a challenge going on right now (but only until noon on Thursday) called The NBUS Challenge. All you have to do is use a stamp or other product that has never been used before - and a couple of normal "rules" that are on the tab at the top of my blog. I have a lot of readers and I love introducing brand new bloggers who join my blog as followers, so I'd love to have you join us!

    I hope to see you soon! If you have any questions or need any help, my email is darnell dot knauss at gmail dot com. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete